Monday, January 12, 2015

Tri Training Log: 1/5 to 1/11 (Week 2)

Last week was great.  This week... not so much.  With all the snow, I only made it out on my bike for my commute once, I cancelled my Friday run, and I didn't even make it to swimming Tuesday night.

*sigh*

This is not how successful triathlon seasons are built.


Swim
I finally got into the water on Saturday morning.  It took me awhile to get warmed up, but eventually I think I swam okay.

Me and my buddy Ben did about 3000 yards.

Warm-Up
 -- 5 x 100 easy @ 1:30
 -- 200 kick

Main Set
 -- 4 x (200, 150, 100, 50) @ :15 rest (descending pace)
 ---- 50 easy between sets

Warm Down
 -- 150 easy

That totalled 3000 yards.  It was a good workout, but it was the only swimming I got in all week, and that wasn't what I would have preferred.

Swimming Total: 1 x swim (3000 yards); 30 pts


Bike
One commute ride and a lot of snow and salt.  Yuck.

Cycling Total: 1 x commute ride (10.3 miles); 10.3 pts


Run
I ran Monday, planned to run Friday but got snowed in, and ran again -- finally -- on Sunday afternoon.  That was fun because I had the Cowboys/Packers game on my earphones while I ran.

Neither run was a record-beater, but both felt good.

Running Total: 2 x aerobic runs (2.9, 4.1 miles); 28 pts

Triathlon Training Total: 68.3 pts

That sucks.

This is why I hate winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment